Log in

No account? Create an account
09 May 2010 @ 12:58 pm
Perfect end to a disappointing season  

4-0 against Fulham
Tottenham lost =)
Thanks for hanging out this season Gunner Girls! We are #3 so it means no CL qualifying FOR ONCE!!
Post-season thoughts?
(Deleted comment)
take heart, sweetheartaliice on May 9th, 2010 08:40 pm (UTC)
I just hate that every season comes down to injuries. I don't know whether or not it's just that they're fragile or it's just bad luck. Because it's always about the "what if?"

Yeah Chelsea is mad strong. Arsenal needs to man up defense for real this summer. I just hope that Arsene sees what the team is really lacking and gets on that because, we're awesome attacking-wise. And absolutely abysmal defending.

live like you’re in a movie: Arsenal: Cesc One & Onlycoloured_dream on May 9th, 2010 08:05 pm (UTC)
It’s been a rollercoaster season once again; plenty of ups and agonizing lows and the tail end of this season has been massively disappointing. I’m not sure it can all be blamed on injuries, although they haven’t really helped.

The amounts of injuries sustained have been shocking, there have definitely been more injuries this season than any other. I’ll just be glad if those going make it back from the world cup in one piece. Even so there have still been ‘quality’ players that failed to step up to the mark that were outplayed and under prepared some games and that should be addressed before next season.

Some games, towards the latter half of the season, were won on sheer luck and not by comfortable margins either. While it might keep the spark of excitement it’s not really how I’ve come to expect Arsenal to play, winging it, hoping to pull it off.

The fact they were written off twice and bounced back is a true testament to Arsenal’s character, the spirit within in the team. If the problem areas can be sorted out (a competent goalkeeper is really a must buy along with a striker, I’m hopeful that Chamakh will be joining) and not lose any vital players over the summer then maybe they’ll have a better shot next year.

And as much as I hate to say Chelsea deserved the title. Any team that scores 103 goals in a PL season deserves something. And I have a smidgen less dislike for them than united. Also sp**s might want to put the party hats away, they still have to qualify yet, it might not happen (with luck!)

Eeep! Apologise for my essay :/

Edited at 2010-05-09 08:07 pm (UTC)
take heart, sweetheart: andrei & cescaliice on May 9th, 2010 08:45 pm (UTC)
Essays are totally welcome!

Def can't blame injuries but our list is exceptionally long, I'm sure like 20% is injuries and the other 80% is basic mistakes.

I really want them to come back from World Cup in one piece and I AM LOOKING AT YOU ROBIN VAN PERSIE.

I was so optimistic about the last ten games, everyone was like they are very winnable, etc. etc.

At least Arsenal went one up in the league this season, we've been #4 for the last 4 years? the scum will lose in europe hopefully.
live like you’re in a movie: Arsenal: Theo & Andreycoloured_dream on May 9th, 2010 08:59 pm (UTC)
I’m glad, once I start it gets away from me and i end up rambling.

Haha yeah I’m looking at Robin too. He’d better be returned to Arsenal in the form he goes to South Africa in. No long term iffy injuries please!

I think that’s why I found the last few games disappointing. They all seemed winnable on paper and when it came to it were much more difficult. I guess it highlights the weaknesses in the squad when key players get injured.

Yeah, were moving up in the table and I like that we don’t have to qualify for Europe, it’ll make a change. Hopefully, I’m counting on it ;)